Dr. John G. Delinasios – SHORT CURRICULUM VITAE
|Name:||DELINASIOS John G.|
|Date of Birth:||August 19, 1948|
|Place of Birth:||Kavala, Greece|
|Marital Status:||Married, two children|
|Professional address:||International Institute of Anticancer Research
1st km Kapandritiou- Kalamou Road
P.O Box 22, Kapandriti, GR- 19014 Attiki, Greece
|Telephone & Fax:||0030-22950-53389|
Studies and Employment Record:
- 1966-1971: M. Pharm. with honors in Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Athens, School of Pharmacy, Greece
- September 1971- May 1974: Ph.D. in Biochemistry, University of Manchester, Department of Biochemistry, UK
- 1974-1975: Military service
- 1977-1978: Research fellow of the American Cancer Society, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Institute for Cancer Research, New York, U.S.A.
- 1976-1977, 1978-1988: Associate researcher, Hellenic Anticancer Institute, Department of Virology, Athens, Greece
- Editor and Executive Publisher of the journals Anticancer Research, 1981 – 2016 and IN VIVO, 1987 – 2016.
- Founder and Director of the International Institute of Anticancer Research, 1990 – 2018.
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Institute for Cancer Research, University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, TX, USA, 2000.
- Managing Editor of the journal CANCER GENOMICS & PROTEOMCS, 2004 – 2016.
* 54 papers in international journals or books (1973-1988).
Organizer of the International Conferences of Anticancer Research:
- October 1985: Loutraki, Greece
- October 1988: Saronis, Greece
- October 1990: Marathon, Greece
- October 1992: Crete, Greece
- October 1995: Corfu, Greece
- October 1998: Chalkidiki, Greece
- May-June 2001: Athens, Greece
- October 2004: Corfu, Greece
- October 2008: Kos, Greece
- October 2014: Chalkidiki, Greece
Cell-cell interactions, stromal cells, drug resistance, in vitro evaluation of anticancer agents, mechanisms of invasion and metastasis.
- Fibroblasts against cancer cells in vitro. Delinassios JG. Anticancer Res 7(5B):1005-10, 1987.
- Teaming Up for Trouble: Cancer Cells, Transforming Growth Factor-β1 Signaling and the Epigenetic Corruption of Stromal Naïve Fibroblasts. Lamprecht S, Sigal-Batikoff I, Shany S, Abu-Freha N, Ling E, Delinasios G, Moyal-Atias K, Delinasios JG and Fich A. Cancers (Basel) 10(3), pii: E61, 2018.
- Proliferating fibroblasts and HeLa cells co-cultured in vitro reciprocally influence growth patterns, protein expression, chromatin features and cell survival. Delinasios JG, Angeli F, Koumakis G, Kumar S, Kang WH, Sica G, Iacopino F, Lama G, Lamprecht S, Sigal-Batikoff I, Tsangaris GT, Farfarelos CD, Farfarelos MC, Vairaktaris E, Vassiliou S and Delinasios GJ. Anticancer Res 35(4):1881-916, 2015.
- Role of stromal fibroblasts in cancer: promoting or impeding? Angeli F, Koumakis G, Chen MC, Kumar S and Delinassios JG. Tumour Biol 30(3):109-20, 2009.
- Cytocidal effects of human fibroblasts on HeLa cells in vitro. Delinassios JG. Biol Cell 59(1):69-77, 1987.
- Uncontrolled growth of tumour stromal fibroblasts in vitro. Delinassios JG, Kottaridis SD and Garas J. Exp Cell Biol 51(4):201-9, 1983.
- Interactions between human fibroblastsand HeLa cells in vitro. Delinassios JG and Kottaridis SD. Biol Cell 50(1):9-16, 1984.
- Esterase gene expression in Chinese hamster and mouse lymphoma hybrids isolated under nonselective pressure. Ayad SR and Delinassios JG. Biochem Genet 12(2):147-61, 1974.
- Fractionation of nucleic acids from mammalian cells in culture by polylysine-Kieselguhr column chromatography. Ayad SR and Delinassios JG. J Chromatogr 85(1):162-6, 1973.
- Virus-Mediated Transfer of DNA from Isolated Nuclei to the Cytoplasm and Nucleus of Hamster Fibroblasts in Culture. Ayad SR and Delinassios JG. Differentiation 4(3):125-34, 1975.
- Nonrandom association of acrocentric chromosomes in human epithelial cells. Delinassios JG, Voloudakis-Baltatzis I, Kottaridis SD and Garas J. Experientia 37(5):476-8, 1981.
- Double minutes in fibroblast-like cells isolated from human tumors. Delinassios JG, Pandis NB, Margaronis M and Kottaridis SD. Experientia 37(6):569-70, 1981.
- Interactions between human lymphoblastoid cells and human fibroblast feeder layers in vitro. Delinassios JG and Kottaridis SD. Exp Cell Biol 49(4):177-84, 1981.
- Cytogenetical changes during early stages of developmentof methotrexate resistance in HeLa cells. Delinassios JG and Talieri MJ. Med Oncol Tumor Pharmacother 2(1):33-8, 1985.
- Establishment and characterization of a B-cell line from a patient with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Kottaridis S, Perez S, Kokkinopoulos D, Delinassios JG, Pangalis GA, Cosmidis H, Goula I and Papamichail M. Leuk Res 9(1):113-22, 1985.
- Invasive carcinomas may arise in colorectal adenomas with high-grade dysplasia and with carcinoma in situ. Rubio CA and Delinassios JG. Int J Clin Exp Med 3(1):41-7, 2010.
- Haptoglobin types in breast carcinoma. Tsamantanis C, Delinassios JG, Kottaridis S and Christodoulou C. Hum Hered 30(1):44-5, 1980.